The Grove Health is one of Australia’s leading practices managing patients with debilitating fatigue. Our approach to fatigue is unique and comprehensive and includes support from a multi-disciplinary team of practitioners including psychologists, physiotherapists, health coaches, nurses doctors and nutritionists.
Our unique approach includes an Education program on chronic fatigue, support groups, psychological, medical and nutritional support.
Chronic fatigue illnesses are complex conditions with many different factors contributing to each person’s unique clinical syndrome. Many chronic fatigue patients have other associated conditions. These include chronic pain/ fibromyalgia, Irritable bowel syndrome and associated food intolerances, digestive dysfunction and abnormal gut bacteria, chemical sensitivities, allergies and immune dysfunction, hormonal imbalances, sleep issues, neurological symptoms anxiety and depression.
Unfortunately, many programs try to treat all chronic fatigue patients the same and many studies fail to show benefit as these studies assess approaches that treat all patients with the same formula. Unfortunately, this approach seldom works for complex conditions with different contributing factors and consequent outcomes. Imagine if every car accident victim was treated with the same operation irrespective of their injuries.
We apply a systems approach to chronic fatigue by both identifying contributing factors such as chronic infection, environmental toxins and autoimmunity whilst assessing and optimising all the body systems implicated in your illness.
This includes assessing and addressing:
- The gut and digestion including food intolerances, functional digestive assessment and support and management of parasites, chronic gut microbial imbalances and infections.
- Nutritional Assessment and optimisation of nutrition including use of oral topical and intravenous nutrients
- Assessing and Optimising Hormonal status including Thyroid, Adrenal, melatonin, sex hormones, metabolic hormones such as leptin, insulin, MSH and Vitamin D.
- Optimising your bodies anti-oxidant and detoxification system
- Identifying immune deficiencies, allergies, food and chemical intolerances and auto immune disease and reducing excessive inflammation. Optimising immune function and managing allergies.
- Optimising Cellular metabolism and energy production including supporting the cell power stations ( mitochondria)
- Assessing psycho-social wellbeing and providing psychological support, support groups, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, education on coping and Pacing programs to maximise function and minimise disability. We also provide support with accessing government and non-government services, the NDIS and financial support including navigating Centrelink.
- Ensuring your spiritual well being by supporting you to continue to find meaning and purpose in your life.
We will help change the balance of toxic and nurturing influences in your life in favour of the nurturing healing influences by identifying the predisposing (often genetic), precipitating and perpetuating factors in your illness. We will help you identify genetics that may predispose you to illness and individually support these vulnerabilities and identify patterns of thought and behaviour that may predispose you to overwhelming physical and psychological stress and consequent burnout.
Chronic fatigue is often triggered by and perpetuated by infections or toxic exposures. We can help you identify environmental toxic exposures such as heavy metals or mould toxins that may be overloading your system. Most importantly we will help you identify underlying chronic viral, bacterial and parasitic infections including tick and other vector borne illness that may be keeping you sick.
Most importantly our approach is a patient centred approach. We are here to facilitate your healing. You are the captain and we are your navigator. We will help you assess where you are with respect to your health and offer a variety of possible pathways of healing. Ultimately you decide which path you follow, and we will support you in your choices. We will help you assess your progress and alter course if necessary. We offer a wide range of scientifically validated treatment pathways including medications, nutritional therapies, natural and herbal medicines, physical therapies, biofeedback and psychological support. Consequently, we can tailor a program to suit your needs.
PLEASE NOTE New patients for (suspected) tick borne illness, or LYME disease should contact The Grove Health Pymble for an appointment.
To book an appointment with our doctors, please contact us.